BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Pageant.Ü

(After all these years, when I remember this highlight in my life, I always grin. It was a wonderful experience. Anyway, this would be my last entry for today. I didn't post the whole thing. It's just a part of what I wrote last September 27, 2009. I hope that it would inspire those young ladies who aren't confident enough to show what they have. You're beautiful, you should always have down pat that in your mind.)

....


Well, I was a first-timer, but I proved that I can make it. So for those who are planning to join in any beauty contest, here are my personal tips:

1) If you are nervous, go! Cry and shiver weeks before the pageant. After that, seek pieces of advice to a person whom you know you could trust. Tell all the boggling and confusing things you have.

2) Criticisms will always be there. Just stand tall and ignore them. You are not a perfect person but with the imperfections you have, you could motivate yourself to go on and show what you really have.

3) It's a beauty pageant; not a model search. Yes, you should practice modeling but don't focus more to that thing. Modeling has only a little percentage to the pageant. Beauty and brain are the really important aspects. Focus more on harnessing yourself in answering questions using the English language. How? READ! READ! READ! Practice speaking in English. Again, how? Think of possible questions and answer them. Don't stop until your answer is not good enough. In pageants, you need wisdom; you should impose a quality of a role model and as being it, you should know how to impress people by imparting a great knowledge.

4) At the pageant, boost your confidence but not to the extent that people will comment "ANG YABANG NAMAN NITO." Exemplify humility. As my HS English teacher told me, imagine yourself as a princess sharing love and wealth. Imagine the whole place covered with color pink to relax yourself. Again, in pageants, you are imposing the qualities of a role model. Be humble! Be yourself! Okay?

5) PRAY! Before the pageant, I went to the cathedral. I prayed hard and I told God, "God, I believe that you would never give me an obstacle that I can't surpass to. I know that this is a stepping stone to a new purpose in my life. Help me. This is not only for me but also for my friends, family, supporters, and most especially for YOU." While I was in the middle of my prayer, the caretaker of the church said "Oh, tapusin niyo na po yang mga dasal niyo, magsasara na ang simbahan." [Comedy! haha. :))] So after that, I went to the candle room and lighted 5 candles, 1 for the criticisms, 1 for my friends and supporters, 1 for my Alma Mater, Osias Colleges, 1 for my family, and 1 for our Almighty God. Just pray okay? There is nothing impossible if you have God in your heart.


So what is the sitch about this event in my life? Well, I learned that in every challenge God may give you, there's a new purpose. Grab all the chances. And if the results are good, smile and stand tall but remain humble, simple, and as what you are.

DIANNE SALAZAR

0 comments: